Hello to everyone, I am new to AppSheet and ...

Hello to everyone,

I am new to AppSheet and I am wondering about a “feature” nearly all my apps would use if I can implement it with AppSheet.

Important part of our processes are internal handovers/deliverys.

Person A ist bringing/creating a product.

Person B has to receive and confirm it. 4 eyes principle has to be applied, to be sure everyone is on board with that handover.

So I am imagining some scenarios:

1. Person A creates the delivery slip in AppSheet. Person B controls and signs it with his registered fingerprint (pretty sure that doesnt work in AppSheet but feels like the most user friendly solution)

2. Person A creates the delivery slip in AppSheet. Person B gets the delivery slip in his AppSheet account. Controls and confirms it. Afterwards the slip changes status to approved (seems solid, problem is that persons have to access internet to synchronize the slips)

3. Person A creates the delivery slip in AppSheet. Person B controls and signs it with his registered QR code on a kind of Company passport. (seems solid, no internet necesary at that moment)

That all would be for internal deliveries. Intented fraud is no so likely. If fraud happens, damage would be controlable as no real payouts happen.

Can you give me your opinion what options seems to be most valid to continue with?

Just want to make sure I run in the completely false direction.

Thanks in advance,

Jonas

0 1 383
1 REPLY 1

tony1

@Jonas_Hoennebeck AppSheet doesn’t support fingerprint readers right now. However, you could use a signature column.

Otherwise, this is totally doable in AppSheet. You’d have to create a delivery slip table. Add a Status column (type enum) that takes values like Pending and Confirmed. Create a workflow rule that emails person B when a new record is created. Include a link to the record that person B needs to sign off on. Person B can then edit the row, changing the status to Confirmed and signing.

help.appsheet.com - Workflow: The Essentials

Workflow: The Essentials help.appsheet.com

Top Labels in this Space