Hello, try to solve my issue... I need to sca...

Hello, try to solve my issue… I need to scan QR code (Ref), but i need to deny acces to input name manualy or to do modification after scanning. Basically only scannable column. Is there some way hot to do it?

0 9 366
9 REPLIES 9

Hmmm.

I don’t know (others may have ideas).

But, if you are using QR code that is preprinted with valid numbers, maybe you don’t want to use a REF type (as that is pulling the data picklist that you are saying you don’t want)?

You can use different kind of validation rules for example the length or if some special sign is needed, but you can’t totally avoid it.

Thank you for your help. Just to clarify my need - I have an auditing application where I want to be sure the auditor will scan his name from the QR code on a batch. Why just scan? Because I want to be sure that the auditor took the audience personally (QR code is on his/her card in the pocket). I want to avoid to someone else to write the name manually … I used REF function name to max. pick the name from the list and no other shapes of names will be on the reports. But that does not solve my problem …

Instead of using the name directly, you could use unique ID for the QR and then nobody could fill the name itself… because they don’t know it.

Can you be more specific how to use unique ID ? How i understand now - on the QR will be some unique code - they will scann it (withouth any Ref crosscheck) and it will be visible in the audit form

(i believe is possible to populate real name from some list behind the app ??) Thank you for the help

You can produce an unique value with the expression UNIQUEID(). It’s an 8 digits unique text value. For example if you have two columns like this [ID] and [Name], you can read the user’s name for your report like LOOKUP([_THISROW].[ID],Users,ID,Name).

Sorry, byt still don’t understand. Try to kick me more please…

@Aleksi_Alkio I’ve made this a feature request before. That the column be able to be marked as only scanable…

@Grant_Stead yeah I remember.

Top Labels in this Space