HELP! change date format!

Hello, I need help changing date displayed from DD/MM/YYYY to DD/month/YYYY

0 13 4,019
13 REPLIES 13

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Thx but I still donโ€™t get it could you provide a step by step guide please. I would like the app to read the date as 03-Mars-2020.

TEXT(TODAY(),โ€œdd-mmmm-yyyyโ€) will give you 11-March-2020 and TEXT(TODAY(),โ€œdd-mmm-yyyyโ€) will be 11-Mar-2020

can the above formula be modified to display the weekday (Monโ€ฆTueโ€ฆetc) as well? End result would be Mon 11-Mar ?

i have an issue in Appsheet wherein in the MapView, the address field is located but when click the navigation ( car symbol ), it redirects me to GoogleMaps which cannot locate the same column.
how it is Possible that Mapview can locate, but when the same is used for navigation, it is not locatable.
The address date has all important data like locality, City, state, country etc.
can you suggest a workaround?

Try:

TEXT(TODAY(), "ddd d-mmm")

See also:

Thank you, this worked. TEXT is so much easier than the previous way of converting Dates/Time! Thank you for continuing to provide help and making AppSheets better and better!!

Where to write this? I wrote this on formula then the entire columns disappears away from my forms

I need some refinementโ€ฆ
Does it mean, that we have to create another one virtual column to display dates in format we need?

It depends where do you want to use it. For example with a text field and initial value.

Hello,

I have another question somehow related to the initial topic.

Is that possible to select a date based only on 'Month' and 'Year'? Without considering the day.

So for example instead of the traditional calendar, having only the list of months per year.

Thibaulthess1_0-1668433800929.png

How would you achieve that?

Thank you in advance.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Thibaulthess1 wrote:

Is that possible to select a date based only on 'Month' and 'Year'? Without considering the day.

Not using a Date column type. The best you could do is a Text column type with a Valid If or Suggested values expression that generates a list of possible month-year combinations in a dropdown list.

Top Labels in this Space