I tried to copy the checkin/checkout sample app & hack it up but it’s too complex for what I need and I haven’t dug into chatbots enough to know what I’m doing yet.
I want to make a simple chatbot app so a teacher can checkout/checkin students who leave their classroom and return. It only needs a couple “properties” - bathroom, office, other (custom input?).
Ideally it would work like this:
- Teacher selects/types “Leave” (timestamp)
- Teacher selects/types the student’s class (we use college names, so “Syracuse” for example)
- Teacher selects/types the student’s name based on the class chosen in step 2
- Teacher selects/types where the student is going
- When student returns teacher types/selects “Return” (timestamp)
- Teacher selects/types the student’s class
- Teacher selects/types the student’s name
I’m going to try to work this out on my own but any help getting me started is very much appreciated.