Help creating slice of non-matching records

I have a Merch table and a table of Merch Locations, I am trying to create a slice showing a list of Merch from the locations table that do not exist in the Merch table.

Essentially, I am allowing scans of any merch item to the locations table, even if it does not exist in the Merch table. Now I need a list of those location merch items that donโ€™t exist in the main merch table so I can follow up on adding those items to the merch table.

SOMETHING LIKE THIS SLICE FORMULA ON โ€œLocationsโ€ table?

IF(([Merch ID]=โ€œMerchโ€[Merch ID]), False, True)

This seems to return all items, I thought it would return non-matchingโ€ฆ

0 10 494
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Neal_MF_Harper Im not sure what the exact formula for your data would be, but you can
subtract lists eg Locations table list - merch table list and you will be left with the items that are not in your merch table.

That sounds like a good approach, can you give any example of how a formula like that might look?

I think this would work but too expensive to run, times out my browser:

NOT(IN([Merch ID], Merch[Merch ID]))

I believe @Lynn is meaning a formula like Merch[Merch ID] - MerchLocations[Merch ID]

Thanks for clarify, I tried this and it is super slow to page transition to load blank, I feel like I might be doing it wrong.

Locations[Merch ID]=Locations[Merch ID]-Merch[Merch ID]

Locations[Merch ID]-Merch[Merch ID] should be enough

Row filter for slice on location is looking for yes/no, what am I missing? Thanks Aleksi!

I thought you were trying to find a formula for Valid_If. This ListA - ListB syntax would give you a list of values to choose.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This is the correct approach for a slice. You should investigate why this times-out.

If either or both of these tables are very large, you may have to consider an entirely different approach.

Both tables are very large and will be larger as we progress, thanks for feedback Steve!

Top Labels in this Space