Help creating Weekly Notifications

Hi all,

I’m trying to create a notification and need some help in designing it.
I have a table called Commitments, with a child table called Ratings.

I’d like to run a per user query on Friday and Saturday morning to:

1. check the Latest Ratings column for each row in the Commitments table for any items that have not had a Rating within the last 7 days.
  2. And then send one notification for each commitment that needs a rating.

The default template does this by itself but I want to create my own template.

Here’s what I have:

‘<<_USERNAME>>’, Don’t forget to head over to ‘<<_APPNAME>>’ and rate your week. How well aligned were your actions and results with your commitment to ‘<<[Commitment]>>’ for this week?

Here’s the result of that:
elan, Don’t forget to head over to Stryze Pro and rate your week. How well aligned were your actions and results with your commitment to ‘Commitment’ for this week?

I want the word commitment to be replaced with the actual name of each Commitment.
I also want to be able to include a deep link that points back to that Commitment row in the table

1. Is there a way to accomplish the above?
  2. Is there a simpler way to design this?
Solved Solved
0 4 241
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The first argument to LINKTOROW() should be (an expression that produces) the key column value of the row you want to display. It might be as simple as:

LINKTOROW([_THISROW], “Compass”, “ThrivifyPro3-141441”)

See also:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ok I managed to get this working. The only thing I haven’t figured out is how to create a deep link that points directly back to the specific Commitment Row for that notification in the Commitments table.

Here’s what I have:
LINKTOROW(“Commitment”, “Compass”, “ThrivifyPro3-141441”)

When I click on each notification though it just takes me to the Compass view not to the specific commitment

The first argument to LINKTOROW() should be (an expression that produces) the key column value of the row you want to display. It might be as simple as:

LINKTOROW([_THISROW], “Compass”, “ThrivifyPro3-141441”)

See also:

Makes sense in theory. Works on the test. But in live action it just takes me to the view instead of to the specific row.

I also tried swapping out _THISROW with Plan ID

Thanks Steve, I got this working.
I was using the wrong view. Once I switched to the right view, I got the results I expected.

Cheers.

Top Labels in this Space