Help with expression to hide column in referenced view

Apper
Participant II

Hi Guys,

Would you be able to help me with expression to hide column in referenced view.

I have 2 views. First where all records about the work go and Second where all records about work sites go. In the last one there is reference to the first table about work records and I want to hide one column here, because itโ€™s just duplicates the name of a work site.

Many thanks

Solved Solved
0 14 268
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You have to build a completely separate UX>View then, for each case.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Lynn
Participant V

Since we have no info to work with maybe look at. ISNOTBLANK, SHOWIF, Set column order. Also this should be a Question , not ztips and Tricks.

Iโ€™ve looked. Still canโ€™t work it out. Iโ€™ll try to put it together another way.

Iโ€™ve got view โ€œWorkโ€ with column โ€œSite nameโ€. In another view โ€œSitesโ€ thereโ€™s related reference to table/view โ€œWorkโ€. So when I click on site name in view โ€œSitesโ€ I can see related records from โ€œWorkโ€ table

So I basically want column โ€œSitesโ€ to be seen in view โ€œWorkโ€ but to be hidden in view โ€œSitesโ€.

Thank you.

Lynn
Participant V

Hi @Apper Check out theses.

Apper
Participant II

Hi @Lynn

Thanks for helping me out!

Iโ€™ve tried this expression IN(CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€), LIST(โ€œWorkโ€)) , although itโ€™s still showing me this column in view โ€œWorkโ€ fully, in another view where I donโ€™t want this column to bee seen, app is showing me it but with blank values. Basically in column โ€œLoad number/nameโ€ it repeats value โ€œFarmโ€ which Iโ€™ve already got up the top of the view.

3X_c_e_cec0f42c425ab486b224c56b45b124114b4fcdc8.jpeg

Is there is a way to hide this column in another view completely?

Thank you!

Lynn
Participant V

Hi @Apper
I dont think you need the IN LIST . Try it without .

Apper
Participant II

If I just use CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€), the app is saying:

โ€œColumn Name โ€˜Load number/nameโ€™ in Schema โ€˜Work_Schemaโ€™ of Column Type โ€˜Textโ€™ has an invalid show_if constraint โ€˜=CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)โ€™.โ€

Lynn
Participant V

You need to name your view

Now it is saying:
"Column Name โ€˜Load number/nameโ€™ in Schema โ€˜Work_Schemaโ€™ of Column Type โ€˜Textโ€™ has an invalid show_if constraint โ€˜=CONTEXT(โ€œWorkโ€)โ€™.

Sorry Iโ€™m very fresh in this and maybe I donโ€™t understand it completly.

What expression youโ€™d use to make it work?

Thanks

Lynn
Participant V

CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œWorkโ€
Sorry for all the edits I am on my phone.

Sorry but itโ€™s still displaying that column with blank rows.

3X_c_e_cec0f42c425ab486b224c56b45b124114b4fcdc8.jpeg

Remove the column from the View:

Hi @Marc_Dillon , thanks for your suggestion
However I canโ€™t remove this column from the view as I need it there to be seen. I just donโ€™t want it to be seen in another view which is referenced to the first table.

You have to build a completely separate UX>View then, for each case.

Apper
Participant II

Thanks a lot for your tip!
I thought I can do you with expression but this will do too!

Top Labels in this Space