Help with workflow TO expression

I am having difficulty with the TO expression in a workflow.

SELECT(Users[USER_EMAIL],AND(IN(5,{[GET_URGENT]}), [KEY_PRAYER]<>TRUE, IN([_THISROW].[DPT_NO],{[DPT_NO]})))

in the Users table, GET_URGENT and DPT_NO are both ENUM LIST. That is why I am using the IN(). On the record trigger this workflow (Requests table), DPT_NO is always a single value, Type REF.

This is what the log shows. It appears my condition is working properly but the expression is not finding a match and I know there are multiple users that match my test record.

Thanks.

Properties:
{
โ€œAppTemplateVersionโ€: โ€œ1.000235โ€,
โ€œRuleNameโ€: โ€œUrgent_Notification_Scope_11_by_DPT_NOโ€,
โ€œEventTypeโ€: โ€œChangeโ€,
โ€œInvokedByโ€: โ€œUpdateโ€,
โ€œServerNameโ€: โ€œINSTANCE-US-EASโ€,
โ€œServerRegionโ€: โ€œus-east4-gcp-prodโ€,
โ€œIgnoreSecurityFiltersโ€: false,
โ€œTableNameโ€: โ€œRequestsโ€,
โ€œRuleTableNameโ€: โ€œRequestsโ€,
โ€œOperationUpdateModeโ€: โ€œUPDATES_ONLYโ€,
โ€œEventMatchโ€: โ€œWorkflow event successfully matchedโ€,
โ€œConditionโ€: โ€œ=AND([SCOPE_NO] = 11, [_THISROW_AFTER].[Urgent]=TRUE,[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Urgent]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[Urgent], ISNOTBLANK([DPT_NO]))โ€,
โ€œMatchesConditionโ€: โ€œTrueโ€,
โ€œActionNotPerformedโ€: โ€œ1 errors present.โ€,
โ€œActionResultsโ€: โ€œCreated 1 ActionResultsโ€,
โ€œAction Typeโ€: โ€œEmailโ€,
โ€œAction Nameโ€: โ€œUrgent Email Notificationโ€,
"Errors": โ€œError: No workflow email was sent because โ€˜Toโ€™, โ€˜CCโ€™, โ€˜BCCโ€™ are all empty.โ€,
โ€œEmailToโ€: โ€œโ€,
โ€œEmailCCโ€: โ€œโ€,
โ€œEmailBCCโ€: โ€œโ€,
โ€œEmailFromDisplayโ€: โ€œโ€œRequests Appโ€โ€,
โ€œEmailReplyToโ€: โ€œnoreply@appsheet.comโ€,
โ€œEmailPreHeaderโ€: โ€œUpdate to application โ€˜Requestsโ€™ at โ€˜9/12/2020 9:43:04 AMโ€™โ€,
โ€œEmailSubaccountโ€: null,
โ€œEmailSubjectโ€: โ€œNew Urgent Prayer Request for Global Mobilization; Prayerโ€,
โ€œEmailTitleโ€: โ€œAlert: Update to application โ€˜Requestsโ€™ table โ€˜Requestsโ€™โ€,
โ€œEmailAttachmentโ€: โ€œโ€,
โ€œEmailOtherAttachmentsโ€: โ€œโ€,
โ€œAppTemplateNameโ€: โ€œ922dbed2-5196-4caa-9581-401fc815a472โ€,
โ€œOperationโ€: โ€œWorkflow actionโ€,
โ€œResultโ€: โ€œFailureโ€
}

Solved Solved
0 7 203
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I believe you could try the expression without curly brackets around [GET_URGENT] and [DPT_NO] as these both are already enumlist type columns. So I believe curly brackets to define the list of elements are not required.

SELECT(Users[USER_EMAIL],AND(IN(5,[GET_URGENT]), [KEY_PRAYER]<>TRUE, IN([_THISROW].[DPT_NO],[DPT_NO])))

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I believe you could try the expression without curly brackets around [GET_URGENT] and [DPT_NO] as these both are already enumlist type columns. So I believe curly brackets to define the list of elements are not required.

SELECT(Users[USER_EMAIL],AND(IN(5,[GET_URGENT]), [KEY_PRAYER]<>TRUE, IN([_THISROW].[DPT_NO],[DPT_NO])))

Thank you so much. It worked!

I just realized that I need to move that expression to the BCC line. Do you have to have a TO?

Sorry, I am anware if that is possible.

Thanks. Thatโ€™s what I figured. I created an email account specifically to receive the notifications. I didnโ€™t want them clogging up the account owners email address.

Got it , thank you.

Yes TO field needs at least one email address.

Top Labels in this Space