Here() = “0.000000, 0.000000”

Problem:
On my Android phone the expression HERE() was “0.000000, 0.000000”.
Even though in the Android settings I turned on the permission for location for the AppSheet App.

Solution:
I had to delete all Data in the Android Settings for the AppSheet App (Storage).
After that, HERE() worked again.

I’m using it for a Navi-Action with expression
CONCATENATE("http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=" , HERE() , "&daddr=" , [Address])

2 3 1,748
3 REPLIES 3

It can mean either

• GPS is turned off
  • GPS has no signal
  • The App doesn’t have GPS permission
  • Or a really obscure one. Certain phones will provide Appsheet with coordinates from their WiFi location and not use the GPS sensor. You can test this by running the App with Wifi off

If you display a LatLong it should display the map location. Not sure if you can click on it directly

I have/had/have the same issue.

On my laptop, all works fine. On all my phone's and tables, it did not work at all. So....cleared all data from the app and now it does work when I open the appSheet application and access my app from there, but.....when I open it from a browser, it still does not work.

All my users are only viewing the app and do not have to login, so they all only use the web-link.

I tried several devices with multiple browser types, even in private mode.....all with the same result, I am in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. 😱

How can I make it work from the browser please?

.....and I can answer my own question.

I finally found one of my super old phones. It was so old that it automatically did reset to factory settings when I started it up, so....cleaner then that it couldn't be. 😁

Tested it in THAT browser.....all worked fine. So, that did lead me to a step I was trying to prevent, and that is emptying all storage of the browsers on all my other devices. (Only clearing cash did not do the trick.) And behold, after having a 100% clean browser (ahhhh) all works fine. 

Top Labels in this Space