Hey again ! My app has a list of tasks, and ...

Doron_Assis
Participant III

Hey again !

My app has a list of tasks, and each has a status (“Complete”, “In Progress”,

“At Hold”…etc). Users can report the status of each task via Enum list of possible options. The issue is that I’d like to prevent a user from reporting the same status twice.

The reason for it, is that I use datestamps when changes are made, and since tasks are always in progress toward completion, If a user may click mistakenly on the same status again, it will update the datestamp of the status.

Any suggestions ?

0 5 345
5 REPLIES 5

@Aleksi_Alkio

Following. Translate

You can do that with an Valid_If expression and you have few options…

This will give you the option that the existing option is also valid when you open the existing record.

{Complete,In Progress,At Hold} - SELECT(TableName[STATUS],[PROJECT]=[_THISROW].[PROJECT] + LIST([_THIS]).

This formula will still show you the existing option if you change it. {Complete,In Progress,At Hold} - SELECT(TableName[STATUS],[PROJECT]=[_THISROW].[PROJECT] + SELECT(TableName[STATUS],[KeyColumn]=[_THISROW].[KeyColumn])

Mike_A
Participant V

@Aleksi_Alkio - this kind of logic is the area I find weakest in the support area.

Wish some of these examples were included as use cases in support articles so they could be found by others more easily.

Kind of like “Valid_if Examples”…

Well… it’s not just Valid_If formulas. The same situation is for all expressions when you go to details. I have started to collect all kind of formulas into a library app and that will be ready for launch maybe next week.

Mike_A
Participant V

@Aleksi_Alkio - absolutely right!

I was starting small :-).

An app with expression examples will help.

What may be missing is explanation of the logic behind so you can teach us “to fish” ourselves.

Top Labels in this Space