Hey everyone, When I create a workflow email ...

Hey everyone, When I create a workflow email template in table format, the start and end expressions doesnt get picked up. I keep getting an error that there is a mismatch. So I changed the child table that the

template is based on to not include any reference table lists. So then the automatically created templates have the correct table format but when I change the content of the table it stops picking up the End part of the start expression. Is there a trick to this? Thanks Hyman

0 3 336
3 REPLIES 3

I believe you should take a printscreen from your template so we could try to understand where the problem is.

@Hyman_van_Zyl1

Did you read topic โ€œTroubleshooting Start and End Expressionsโ€ in this article help.appsheet.com - Template Start Expressions Template Start Expressions help.appsheet.com

Thanks guys, I read the trouble shooting and searched for what a carriage return is and followed these instructions which solved the problem:

Such a direct replacement may currently only be possible in older version text documents by enabling regular expression Find and Replace.

If the text isnโ€™t too large you could use a spreadsheet as an intermediary to remove such newlines. E.g. A1: B1: =SUBSTITUTE( A1; CHAR(10) ; " " )

B1 should now contain the cleaned up text.

In case a copy of the result lead to trouble, you may want to select B1 use Edit->Copy select C1 and use Edit->Paste values only. C1 should now contain the literal cleaned up text.

Thanks lots Hyman

Top Labels in this Space