Hey Folks, Your assistance in this would be...

Dan_Velus
Participant IV

Hey Folks,

Your assistance in this would be appreciated.

I am working on an App to monitor stock movement of Livestock (Please see pic below). I do have a drop down for type of Stock, then edit boxes for number of stock etc.

My Problem is this,

At one particular time if there was a movement of 20 types of stock of various ages, I would almost have 20 dropdown options(for stock type) and 20 edit boxes for their ages + I have other header data to go with this - Name of the person, truck number etc. This makes the App very long and cumbersome.

Is there an option to simplify this? May be a drop down box and an edit box adjacent to either eg. Stock Type(Dropdown) - 2012(Year of birth). or any other way to tackle this?

Please help.

Thanks

Daniel

0 9 363
9 REPLIES 9

Lynn
Participant V

Hi Daniel, What exactly do you want to be recorded. I think you may need to change the layout of your sheet/s to make a useful app. If you would like to share a copy of your data I would have a look at it for you. Its a bit hard to make suggestions without seeing all of the data and how you want it presented.

Dan_Velus
Participant IV

Hi Lynne,

Appreciate your reply. The data I am trying to capture is shown below. Also the app design I have attached too. I am thinking, there must be a better way. Please help if you can, I will much appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Dan_Velus
Participant IV

Lynn
Participant V

Hi Daniel, It is getting late here but if you havenโ€™t had any help before then I will have a look at it tomorrow.

Dan_Velus
Participant IV

@Lynn Thank you Lynn. Would love to hear from you. Appreciate your help.

Lynn
Participant V

Hi, This is very basic but as you didnโ€™t provide any data I just used some of my own.

Dan_Velus
Participant IV

@Lynn thank you Lynn. I totally understand that. The data pretty looks like my previous photo - the sheet with values. Wuestion from your App - how woukd you design if you have 12cows of 2012, 16str of 2015, 15cows of 2011, 25 cows of 2016 - meaning different stock type that needs to be recorded under one stock number

(primary key) of any date?

Is there any way to fetch the above data without repeating the โ€œdescriptionโ€, โ€œyearโ€ and โ€œnumberโ€ columns on the app? Sorry I hope I am explaining properly.

tony1
Participant V

@Daniel_Veluswamy You may want to use references between your tables. That will allow for a parent record to have a variable number of child records.

https://help.appsheet.com/data/references/references-between-tables

Hereโ€™s an example that shows how a single video can have a variable number of associated reviews. You may be able to take this pattern and use it to solve your problem.

appsheet.com - Video Comments - An app to leave comments on videos

Video Comments - An app to leave comments on videos appsheet.com

Lynn
Participant V

Hi @Daniel_Veluswamy I have updated my app If you would like to check it out.

Top Labels in this Space