Hey guys amazing work - thank you. I am wanti...

Hey guys amazing work - thank you. I am wanting to create a delivery app. I know there are some samples but they don’t really fit my needs. First I am trying to create pre and post vehicle checks. The user will need to enter an employee name, vehicle reg and check various things such as fluid levels, tire checks and so on before setting off, at the end of the shift they would complete post checks along the same lines. What is the best way to do this? My preference is to have it so they only have to “sign in” once. Should I have 2 sheets or will one sheet suffice? Any advice anyone can offer would be awesome Thanks JIm

0 7 322
7 REPLIES 7

How about two tables… one for vehicle basic data and another one for checks. This check table would have relationship for the vehicle so when everything is ready, you would have one vehicle with two child records (checks).

How about two tables… one for vehicle basic data and another one for checks. This check table would have relationship for the vehicle so when everything is ready, you would have one vehicle with two child records (checks).

Hi Aleksi, Thank you for your prompt reply. Can you give a little insight of what you mean please? Thank you.

My aim is for multiple vehicle use. Thanks

Well… vehicle data would be on a separate table (like customers) and those records would contains basic data like vehicle reg, VIN code etc. Then you would have another table with one ref field like [VEHICLE ID] and there you would have fields like check status (pre & post), employee name, fluid levels, tire checks and so on.

When the employee adds a post check, your form will add the status automatically (because the pre has been done already), user name and then all necessary fields.

What else you would like to know?

Thanks Aleksi, I think I am getting it. My idea is that the driver does a pre vehicle check, once complete downloads a list of deliveries and once delivered will doa post vehicle checks. I have a working example of pre checks which seems to work and uses show_if. So for example, if question “Tyres OK” is marked as no - a comment section is shown for the driver to add a comment. Shall I make a post check in the same way?

Thank you for your assistance.

If the post check has all same qustions, you can use the same table. So… I would say yes.

Top Labels in this Space