Hey Guys have been trying to work around an i...

Hey Guys have been trying to work around an issue that may be simple

i have an inventory table and a form table when my team removes an item via the form i am trying to reduce the QTY of that item in the inventory table when the form is submitted/saved to the form table any good ideas or sources i can read to accomplish this? the issue is this need to happen one time per form submission as the inventory table is being managed in the background via google sheets.

0 2 302
2 REPLIES 2

Off the top of my head, Iโ€™d think the inventory table would have a

column with the running count of items added to inventory (managed from the Google Sheet?), and a virtual column that subtracts the number of items from the form from the inventory addition counter.

Inventory[received]: number of items added to inventory.

Form[QTY]: number of items removed from inventory.

Inventory[remaining]: virtual column an App formula along the lines of =([received] - sum(Form[QTY]))

Stevenโ€™s solution works well if you donโ€™t need to write that data to the sheet. If you need, you could do that with an action & data change workflow. The actionโ€™s type should be then โ€œExecute an action on a set of rowsโ€. This would mean that when you add a new record, the workflow would trigger the action, which will write updated value for that record.

Top Labels in this Space