Hey guys, So I'm in the UX view, and put tog...

Hey guys,

So I’m in the UX view, and put together group aggregates which total the number of plants that I will need for specific clients on a given day.

That is working great.

However, I would like to create a way to total up all those grouped aggregate so that there is a master total at the bottom of the page.

I want to do this with pricing.

So I can give a client the pricing for all the plants that they have for the entire season, not just how much the arugula costs, and then the kale, and then the tomatoes, etc.

Is there any way to do that?

I’m not seeing anything like that on the UX.

Also, a slightly separate but related problem I am having: I made a slice of this current table, and then made a view of the new slice, and when I click on “group by”, it didn’t show that I could group things by Employee, even though I included that column in the slice and before I did the slice, when I was formatting the view in UX with the same information, I grouped by employee and it worked great.

What is going on with the slice?

Thanks!

0 2 350
2 REPLIES 2

@Miranda_Lubarsky Showing the total will be tricky. The table view alone doesn’t have a way to show aggregates like sums over all the rows. One way to do this kind of thing is use a Detail view with just one field that computes the sum, and then shows the table view inline above or below that (for example, by adding a table with just one row for the detail view, giving it a fixed key value, then having a Ref to this in the main table whose values are always just that same key - then the detail row will gets a REF_ROWS column that shows the whole table inline).

To do the actual calculation you would need to do the full sum over all the rows rather than adding up the grouped sums, as these grouped view sums aren’t accessible through expressions.

For the last issue, if the column is not excluded from the slice another reason it might not be allowed to group by is being marked “hidden”.

To show the table inline I think you can also just do a virtual column with Table Name[Key Column Name], if you don’t need other Ref behaviors.

Top Labels in this Space