Hey, how can I hide a specific section of a w...

Hey, how can I hide a specific section of a workflow attachment if a certain column is blank?

I wanted to try putting the “isblank” expression in, but I have no idea how to implement it with the template as it will be text, a table, etc. that I would like not to show up if the column is blank.

Thanks!

0 7 637
7 REPLIES 7

Hi I think that question has been answered before. Maybe search the community.

I was able to accomplish this, but it was not easy.

First off I’m not sure if it is possible when using a separate template file. I wrote out all the table html by hand in the Email Body section of the workflow. So you’ll have to know how to write html tables with

, , [column],"")>>

This will put a blank string if the column is blank, or the value of the column and an html table row (

)

If you’re expecting a lot of blank rows, like I had, you’ll need to make sure you don’t include any extra whitespace in your code. Whitespace between << and >> will be ignored, so take advantage of that for code readability. For example don’t do this:

<> <<IF(ISBLANK…>> <

Because that included two line breaks even if the row is blank. Do this instead:

<><< IF(ISBLANK… >><>

That included zero line breaks on a blank row.

and so forth.

I’m assuming you’re using a <> expression? Inside the start expression put something like this:

<<IF( ISBLANK([column]) , “” , concatenate("

@Lynn I thought it would too, but I searched a couple different ways for it and I couldn’t find anything. The Posts I saw were not specific to workflow templates.

@Marc_Dillon Holy Cow! haha Thanks Marc! I’ll Do some more digging into HTML stuff then!

Maybe it might just be easier to have 2 workflows? One without that section and a condition for if the column is blank and another for the default one with the Section and a condition for when the column is not blank.

Depends on exactly what you’re trying to accomplish.

@Marc_Dillon Thanks man!

On second thought, perhaps your situation does not require a complicated solution. If you are using a <> expression, you can create your list of rows with a select() expression where the condition checks if a column is blank or not.

<<Start:SELECT(table name [key column] , ISNOTBLANK([column to check])>>

Top Labels in this Space