Hi a challenge for the new year :-) I would ...

Hi a challenge for the new year

I would like to make this sum:

=Sum(Select(Registration[RDV], Contains(Filter Individuel[Année],[Année])))

I made a Form of ‘Filter Individuel’ as an entree in a dashboard

Now I like to make the sum of Registration[RDV] where the user selects the year (Année) through this form of the table 'Filter Individuel[Année]

Is it possible?

Thx a lot … Bram

0 4 302
4 REPLIES 4

I’ve found the issue: The formula is ok, but it does not change the sum unless you add a new row to the Registration table.

Is there a possibility to trigger the calcullation of the sums in table ‘Registration’ when someone makes an update in the form of table ‘Filter Individuel’

@Diogenes_ASBL_VZW In a physical column not easily, but if that’s in a virtual, I THINK it would work… (I’ve found with some things like this you will have a physical column with a spreadsheet formula, and a virtual column to make the front end look correct. They’re currently working on how to calculate all the way back up and down, but I guess it’s hard to do because it can make the app run very slowly if they are calculating everything… So doing it smart is a concern.

tony1

@Diogenes_ASBL_VZW This app might be a good starting point for what you want to do: appsheet.com - Slice based on user input - Allow the user to filter a view based on a form Slice based on user input - Allow the user to filter a view based on a form appsheet.com

Thx for your answers. @tony The slice based on user input is working great for the normal input values in columns of the table.

It doesn’t has an impact on these virtual column sums, because the value calulated in this column of all the rows changes every time a user adds a row.

And so the rowfilter will always return the same value.

an example of this virtual column: =Sum(Select(Registration[RDV], AND(USEREMAIL()=[Usermail], [Année]=2017)))

Where Registration[RDV] are numbers.

I don’t know if my explication is clear?

Thx a lot, Bram

@Grant_Stead I see what you mean! I’ve made quit a few virtual columns to calculate but it’s making the app very slow…

Thx a lot, Bram

Top Labels in this Space