Hi all, am slowly chipping away at a property...

Hi all, am slowly chipping away at a property management app - and learning a lot on the way! Queries, for now: - If I use the copy and add new row action, e.g. to update a properties rent attribute from a datetime, will it create a new row but retain the historical rent amount? (needed to calculate income from the property) and will it default to the new row for all column values or do I need to use a MAXROW on the date time? OR will it actually just create a whole new row / property entity?

Thank you!

0 3 349
3 REPLIES 3

It will make a โ€œtotal copyโ€ of your existing record. If you need to adjust values, you can use LINKTOFORM dep link and then you can adjust values as you wish.

Check this articleโ€ฆ help.appsheet.com - App Column Type (Deep Link) App Column Type (Deep Link) help.appsheet.com

Hi Aleksi. Yes - I am already using the deeplink, I had wondered if there was a way to create a new row (as a copy) but Retain the original row as a record, and use the new row as the โ€œcurrentโ€ record. I discovered I can use _thisrowbefore, which will probably work in order for me to track rent amount changes, e.g. through a rent review report or similar.

Aaaโ€ฆ okay. Yes you can use [_THISROW_BEFORE] with your Workflow or Report.

Top Labels in this Space