Hi All, Does anyone know how to dynamically ...

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to dynamically control field visibility in an app using a matrix in a table?

Table below shows the challenge.

I want to create an app where the user selects the product, and the app automatically filters and shows the relevant fields only.

Currently I have to hard code the fields with if statements.

Thx, Karl

0 5 336
5 REPLIES 5

You could use reference mechanism for this functionality. With the ref field you can then use a expression like ISNOTBLANK([Product].[Size]) and type that into Show_If field.

You can read more about it from this articleโ€ฆ help.appsheet.com - References Between Tables References Between Tables help.appsheet.com

Iโ€™m not getting it.

I see how it should work, but I canโ€™t put it into practice.

Here is more detail.

I have โ€˜table aโ€™ to collect data and it contains columns for size, colour etc.

I have โ€˜table bโ€™ with the matrix above.

I want to have the data entry fields in the app dynamically controlled i.e., to be visible and required based on the entry in table b.

IN other words, they select Product A and the Size, Colour will be visible and required fields.

I created a ref in the โ€˜sizeโ€™ column in โ€˜table aโ€™ to โ€˜table bโ€™, and inserted the ISNOTBLANK formula.

What am I missing?

If you use Table B for your product selection so that field is a ref field, you can use a formula like ISNOTBLANK([Product].[Color]) for the Show_If and Required_If.

Magic.

Working.

Couple of points that I did wrong.

Trick was to ref table B product.

Thx Aleksi - again

Youโ€™re welcome

Top Labels in this Space