Hi All, How to hide a column in the Form vi...

Hi All,

How to hide a column in the Form view (Hide only during insert operation)

and Unhide the same column for other views ( make it editable)?

Say. I have a field called Status with initial value as ‘Submitted’ and it should not be displayed while creating a new entry. Post the entry, the entries should be displayed in Data view and have it editable. So, the users can change the Status from ‘Submitted’ As ‘Inprogress’

Thanks

2 13 3,237
  • UX
13 REPLIES 13

If the option UX > Options > Apply show-if constraints universally is OFF, you can type FALSE into the Show_If.

@Reshak_Narayan set the Show_if propery of [Status] column to FALSE. Set its type to ENUM, assign the values “Submitted”, “In Progress” etc., assign an Initial Value and mark it as a Quick Edit column. Also ensure that

UX > Options > Apply show-if constraints universally is set to OFF

@Reshak_Narayan @Aleksi_Alkio

Hi Hope its okay I join in the conversation. This works for me. I can hide a column when I add a new line (Form view) and still show it in my another view (table overview). “My formular IN([Reference],Data[Reference])” - " Original formular IN([KeyColumn],TableName[KeyColumn])"

I have no idea how it works. Can you explain it in small words Thanks

Best regards

Bjorn

Hi @Bjoern_Houlberg, When you are adding a new record, your initial value for key column will not be in the list of values for Key column, therefore IN expression will return a FALSE value for Show_if and hide that field in the form. When you are editing an existing record, your Key column value for that record will be in

list of values for Key column, therefore the expression will be returning a TRUE value to show that field.

Thank you @Levent_KULACOGLU

Makes sense Useful to know

Thank you, Quick edit column is visible only in the sildeshow view. But i want all the columns to be displayed in Table View and select a particular row and edit the status field alone.

So… you want to hide that field when adding that entry but show it later, correct?

@Aleksi_Alkio Yes Translate

Then you would need to know are you adding the record or updating it. You can check that with a formula IN([KeyColumn],TableName[KeyColumn]) and add this with your own names into the Show_If field.

Any update could help me?

Update? What you mean by that?

Sorry for urging, any sample formula to check it.

This IN([KeyColumn],TableName[KeyColumn]) is the sample formula. You just need to use your own Key column’s name and table’s name.

Top Labels in this Space