Hi all. I am wondering if I can have a user ...

Hi all.

I am wondering if I can have a user change the value of one cell in my app.

I have a very large google sheet with around 20,000 rows on one tab, including 120 different stores, and on the main tab I use a query function to pull the data that I want.

I use a stores individual number to show the query what info I want to pull.

I can put this into appsheet perfectly, just would like the end user to be able to change the store number cell to change the data that the query pulls.

I have all the read only restrictions removed, but the store number field is grayed out.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

0 6 419
6 REPLIES 6

You may need to think of this slightly differently.

Your app itself is the one doing the querying.

So youโ€™d add the table with all the rows to your app. Add a user setting in the app that chooses the specific store number. Finally, give the original table a security filter to only fetch the rows that correspond to the store number chosen. Does that achieve what you want?

I was thinking of that, but there will be times when the user needs to see other stores. Iโ€™ve looked for a way to filter info from a users view, but cannot figure it out. Iโ€™ve created a few slices, but we have over 100 stores, so that would be excessive

Sent from my iPad

And thank you for your reply!

Sent from my iPad

@Chris_Serra should like a great case for the interactive dashboardโ€ฆ View of stores, and view of records. Then the user can select 1 or more stores, and see the desired recordsโ€ฆ

@Grant_Stead Hi Grant.

Ok, thank you.

This is new to me, so I am learning as I go.

Ive figured out the dashboard, but I run into the same problem with not being able to edit the value in the table that has the store #.

Im using it as a table, and I can get to the point where I should be able to edit, but the number is grayed out, not allowing edits.

I have updates, edits and deletes checked.

Not sure what I am missing from here.

@Chris_Serra is that number tagged as the key column? If so, you need a different key.

Top Labels in this Space