Hi all, I have a potential client who wants t...

Hi all, I have a potential client who wants to be able to create the user whitelist automatically based on the user emails in a comma delimited text file or a google sheet.

They don’t want to enter each user manually.

Is there a way to populate the Whitelist user “table” based on data that could be fed to the Whitelist table?

I assume that the Whitelist table is a hidden Appsheet system table that we don’t usually get access to.

Appreciate any information about doing this kind of thing.

m.j.

0 10 448
10 REPLIES 10

Unfortunately there’s no way to automatically populate the white list.

that’s too bad … thanks anyway Gil.

m.j.

@Mary_Jane_Pender Have a look at using AWS Cognito that Appsheet now integrates with. @Gil_Littman_AppSheet

@Henry_Scott, Have you managed to do the integration with AWS Cognito? If so, could you please share how you setup AppSheet so that every user who is registered via AWS Cognito is added to the white list? Thanks.

@Mary_Jane_Pender Seems like I was wrong in my previous answer: You can just copy paste a comma separated list of emails into the email filed in the user pane and it will parse the emails from that list.

Another (more complicated) possibility would be to use an auth service that allows grouping (like Google or Cognito). For example, you can use Google to define an email alias like myteam@mydomain.com, and set a group of users to be referenced by this alias. Then, all you have to do in the editor is to white list this email.

Sorry for my misleading answer earlier! -Gil

Yes, not only is the Google Cloud identity or AWS Cognito more complicated, it would also have added cost per user per month.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

I will investigate AWS Cognito and see what can be done.

Thanks again.

mj

@Bellave_Jayaram I am still also in research mode still with AWS Cognito. Their is no subscription cost involved for up to the first 50000 users

That seems to be the case… however AppSheet requires that the client be a Corporate subscription which is not going to work for this potential client.

But that is OK.

I am going to create a little project and set something like this up.

Just so I know what it will do for me.

m.j.

@Mary_Jane_Pender contact @praveen for your Corporate Plan rates

Top Labels in this Space