Hi all, I have an action set up on a Commitm...

Hi all,

I have an action set up on a Commitment Table to create a New Challenge with pre-populated fields

LINKTOFORM(“Co Creative Progress App_Form”, “Created”, TODAY(), “Life Domain”, [Life Domain], “Commitment”, [Summary])

However, when the new challenge record gets created it creates a second instance of the Summary name (instead of selecting the original reference from the drop down list).

In this way I end up with broken references and orphaned challenges, and I have to manually go in and update each reference after the record is created.

Any ideas how to avoid this problem?

0 8 329
8 REPLIES 8

You are probably using row label for this value, correct?

@Aleksi_Alkio Yes, I’m using “Commitment”, [Summary] where Commitment = the name of the field/column in the Commitment Table and Summary = the name of the field/column in the Challenges Table

The Life Domain field works perfectly (also a reference list) but the Commitment field creates a new instance.

I believe the reason is the “Label” feature. When you save the value into the database, you are normally saving the key column’s value, not the text “Igniting people…”. When you try to copy the value from that column with the LINKTOFORM, it’s recording the “Label” value, not the key value. Could that be the reason?

@Aleksi_Alkio Perfect. That did it. I changed from Label to Key and now I get the appropriate text directly from the reference list (no duplicate entry is created).

Thanks so much.

BUT… it should copy the key value, not the label. Let me check if this a small bug.

@Aleksi_Alkio Ok let me know. I definitely wouldn’t want it to show the key value as this would be useless to the user.

I’ve actually got the key value hidden and use the Summary text as the Label.

If it would copy the key value, you wouldn’t recognize the difference in your dropdown because the label value will take care of that. If it would copy the key value, you wouldn’t see the duplicate and no broken reference either.

@Aleksi_Alkio I don’t know how I would tell the difference, then. It feels like that’s how it’s working now.

Top Labels in this Space