Hi All, I m a soccer coach, and I started t

Hi All,

I m a soccer coach, and I started to develop a small Appsheet App to manager my teams ( about 24 juniors and 3 teams), training session and players attendance. The App is based on my current google sheet.

I facing now a small problem and need some help . here the situation:

To manage attendence with appsheet, i split the current gsheet to 3 sheets:

1 - players (E): PID, data: name, birthdate, Ref to Teamโ€ฆ 2 - Activities (E):

AID, Date, Type, location, and a Ref to Team,

3 - Attendance - ยฎ : ID, Present?, Ref to AID, Ref to PID,โ€ฆ

To enhance the workflow and the simplicity I need to accomplish the Following:

• Create a new Activity for a team A (5 players),with Add Button from the Activities View is GREAT ! this will add a new row to the [Activities sheet]:

AID004 ; 06/02/2018; Training; Indoor; TeamA

• Instead to open the Attendance view and add each player, one by one, i need the App to add automatically

a new row for each Team A player to the [attendance sheet]:

ID0051; 1 ;

AID004, PID001 ID0052; 1 ;

AID004, PID002 ID0053; 0 ;

AID004, PID003 ID0054; 1 ;

AID004, PID004 ID0055; 0 ;

AID004, PID005

[Players Sheet] looks like this: PID001;

Sharapova; TeamA;โ€ฆ PID002;

Federer;

TeamA;โ€ฆ PID003;

Hingis;

TeamA;โ€ฆ PID004;

Williams;

TeamA;โ€ฆ PID005;Haas;

TeamA;โ€ฆ

Is there any way to do this ?

Thank you in advance

0 6 597
6 REPLIES 6

tony1

@Avenchine No, itโ€™s not possible to automatically add rows. This is a feature we plan on adding this quarter, though.

A rough workaround would maybe be to record absences instead of attendances. Then youโ€™d only have to add related rows for people who DONโ€™T show up (which should be far fewer than those who DO, right?).

Was this feature ever added?

Hey @Will_Henry. No, it has yet to be added. Weโ€™re still moving towards it and will make an announcement in the community when itโ€™s released.

Hi - Was this feature added after 2 years?

Hi Tony, thanks for your feedback! I will think about it !

A couple of thoughts on this old post, since it has been brought back. Hoping it helps!

Many difficulties in programming are not caused by language/platform limitations, but they are inherently data structure problems.

You actually do not need an โ€œAttendanceโ€ table, and you neither have to fill-in Players manually, nor have them automatically filled.

Attendance is a dataset related to a single Activity. So Attendance should rather be a column in the Activities table. In Appsheet, configure this column as follows:

• Type: EnumList
  • Base Type: Ref, pointing to Players table
  • Suggested Values: use FILTER() on the Players table to get only those who are members of the team assigned this activity> Filter(โ€œPlayersโ€, [Team] = [_THISROW].[Team])

Now when you are in Activity view, you have a nice drop-down menu that will allow you to select the assigned Team members using simple check-boxes.

Additionally, add a VC to Players, to get Attendance record per player:

• Type: List
  • Element type: Ref, pointing to Activities
  • App formula: Filter Activities that includes this playerโ€™s attendance> FILTER(โ€œActivitiesโ€, IN([Player], [Attendance]))

Now you also have the history of each playerโ€™s attendances across all Activities.

Hereโ€™s an example App:

https://www.appsheet.com/Template/AppDef?appName=Teamevents-5317163

Top Labels in this Space