Hi all, I was wondering if there is a way to...

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a way to dynamically show an image in the deck view based on the value of a column.

I have a pyment table and have and image column for a reminder, but would like that image to change the item is marked paid, which I have a yes/no column for, I tried using two image columns and using Show_if, but that only shows the reminder image.

any thoughts?

Thanks

0 6 315
  • UX
6 REPLIES 6

Yes, do this all the time. Create a virtual column as type thumbnail. Then write an expressionโ€ฆ IF column is marked paid show image.png else show image2.png

Then mark that VC as your image column

You could try to add a virtual column with the formula IF([STATUS]=TRUE,โ€œImage#1.pngโ€,โ€œImage#2.pngโ€) and then use that for the deck view. Have you thought to use format rule instead of an image?

thanks guys, I am using format rules to change color as it nears due date and past due, just dont really like the icons available, can you show an image with format rules?, also where to i store the images, right now they are in the root folder with my app data, does it have to be a virtual column or can I use the expression in the image column I have.

@Michael Smith the root folder is fine, and it should be a virtualโ€ฆ VCs calculate right away

awesome, thanks. Trying it now.

Top Labels in this Space