Hi all I would like to change the name that ...

Hi all

I would like to change the name that appears at the top of the form UI so that it says “Edit Customer” if it’s editing, but “New Customer” if it’s creating a new customer.

There is a place to change the name of the form UI and it looks like a formula could be entered. Anyone have an idea of what formula would work here please?

0 4 351
4 REPLIES 4

I’m afraid you can’t change the view name with the option “Display name” as you requested in a form view. You can do that with a Show field with an expression like… IF(IN([KeyColumn],TableName[KeyColumn]),“Edit Customer”,“New Customer”)

As you say, the form view doesn’t recognise any of the columns, unlike other views like the detail view.

With your suggestion, does this mean that it will appear as a column of data that can be positioned at the top of the form like a title?

The problem with this is I’ve set the app to show the view names at in the app top bar, so this wouldn’t quite work. I guess there’s no other workaround?

That’s correct and at this moment there is no workaround, as far as I have tested.

Thank you@Aleksi_Alkio , appreciate your help as always

Top Labels in this Space