Hi All, I'm new here and new to app developi...

Hi All,

I’m new here and new to app developing. App sheet looks like fun until you get started. I’m trying to develop an app that has an index page leading to 4 different product pages. On each product page there would be technical information on a large number of similar products with prices. Can anyone suggest how I set this up? If I have 4 images on an index sheet can each individual image be linked to a different table and view? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kind Regards John

0 5 342
5 REPLIES 5

@John_Davies bahaha! So, appsheet will teach you how to structure a database… And in my own experience, that’s the hard bit… It sounds like you need 2 tables… Products, and technical_info Then the technical info table needs a column REF back to the product…

Start with 101 help.appsheet.com - APP DESIGN | AppSheet Help Center APP DESIGN | AppSheet Help Center help.appsheet.com

Thanks Grant, at the moment I have 3 three sheets. The 1st sheet contains product group headings and images, 2nd sheet contains information on one group of products and the 3rd sheet is identical to the 2nd only for a different product group. I’m trying to link from the 1st sheet to the relevant product sheet but not sure how app sheet approaches this. I’m thinking it’s like having a spreadsheet with buttons and macro’s assigned to them which link to the relevant information. I may need to structure it differently? when I get the 2 product groups working them I plan to add the 3rd and 4th sheets.

@John_Davies absolutely you need to structure this way way differently… Appsheet works like a database… Seriously, read that information… It sounds like your second and third sheet should be combined…

Hi Grant, I have put together one sheet with all the technical information. I have another with customer information and a third with customer pricing. Can you point me in the direction of a tutorial where I can restrict users to certain pricing information?

help.appsheet.com - Limiting Users to Their Own Data Limiting Users to Their Own Data help.appsheet.com

Top Labels in this Space