Hi all, is there a way to combine an AND stat...

Hi all, is there a way to combine an AND statement and a SELECT in one expression?

I’m trying to create a slice based on these two expressions: SELECT(Intentions[Plan ID], [_THISROW].[Life Domain]=[Life Domain]) NOT([Status] =“Realized”)

When I try to combine them with an AND I get an error. Here’s what I’ve tried so far: Version 1: AND(SELECT(Intentions[Plan ID], [_THISROW].[Life Domain]=[Life Domain]), NOT([Status] ="Realized”))

Version 2: AND(NOT([Status] =“Realized”), SELECT(Intentions[Plan ID], [_THISROW].[Life Domain]=[Life Domain])

Any ideas?

e

0 4 584
4 REPLIES 4

Usually a filter has a yes/no (i.e. true/false) result.

What did you intend from the SELECT() — did you intend to check if the SELECT is empty? If so, wrap it in ISBLANK()

@praveen Thanks, what I’m trying to do is limit the selection of items for a related child table.

I want the user to be able to create a note entry and relate it to a goal. But I only want them to be able to select from a list of goals that are in any state other than “realized” AND that match the Life Domain ID of the current row.

oh ok, so you are defining a Valid_If condition?

SELECT(Intentions[Plan ID],

AND(

[_THISROW].[Life Domain]=[Life Domain],

NOT([Status] =“Realized”

) )

@praveen Ahh ok. Thanks so much. I would have been chasing my tail on that for days.

Top Labels in this Space