hi all, is there a way to make a link in an ...

hi all,

is there a way to make a link in an email or template that opens a file ? so basically i have a table where i have a file column. the problem is that the file is to big for attachment email. so i was thinking of making a linkโ€ฆ

is this possible and how to do it ?

0 9 511
9 REPLIES 9

Youโ€™re sending an email from a workflow? You can probably do it by using HTML code in your body template.

HTML code for a link is

Link Text

Hi Marc

I get that but how do you create the URL ? The file is stored in the form. Column file

Not sure, never actually used a file column yet. Scroll about half way down this page, maybe it can help

help.appsheet.com - Displaying Images and Documents Displaying Images and Documents help.appsheet.com

@Lucas_Cuypers

Just include the name of the field containing the file name in your email template. When the field type is โ€œFileโ€, we automatically construct the Hyperllnk to the file and insert that it the resulting email template output.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh could I use this in a hyperlink so i can manage the clickable text that is displayed in the email ?

@Lucas_Cuypers

Yes you could by using the HYPERLINK function.

You could control the text. We use the FileName as the text.

The URL portion of the hyperlink should contain a TableFileUrl. The following article describes how to construct a TableFileUrl for an image. Constructing a TableFileUrl for a file is similar.

You can see what a proper TableFileUrl looks like by letting us construct the TableFileUrl, as I described above. Then look at the resulting URL value in the generated document. Your TableFileUrl should look identical to the one we generate.

Can you please link to the article? Itโ€™s not showing in this reply.

thank you

Top Labels in this Space