Hi all! Is there a way to return a text value...

Hi all! Is there a way to return a text value of a specific row number in a column of one table, to a specific row number in a column of another table? For example, I have created 2 tables “Personal Details” and “Diagnosis”, and the “Diagnosis” table is referenced to the “Personal Details” table by a UniqueID. If I want the “Personal Details” table to have a column name called “Involved organ”, which is just a text field that cannot be filled by anyone, but will only get filled with either “Liver”, “Pancreas” or “Biliary Tract” words only when I go and select either “Liver”, “Pancreas” or “Biliary Tract” option from a Enum column called “Involved organ” in the “Diagnosis” table, can that be done? Thank you.

0 7 398
7 REPLIES 7

May I ask which one is a parent table? “Personal Details” or “Diagnosis”?

@Aleksi_Alkio Personal Details Translate

I wrote an arrayformula expression to the spreadsheet and now it fetches the data from the Diagnosis table that I populate through the AppSheet app and displays that data on the read-only text columns in the Personal details table. So now it works. Still couldn’t figure out a way to do that through AppSheet though.

Although I’d be grateful if you could shed some light as to how one could fetch data from one table to another within the app itself. Opens up loads of possibilities.

You can do that with a virtual column like… INDEX(SELECT([VirtualListColumn][ColumnName],TRUE),1). Please remember it will read only the first value if you have chosen the same parent record more than once. The same with your sheetformula.

@Aleksi_Alkio It worked! Super cool! Thank you very much for your help!

You’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space