Hi All, Is there an expression to show an upw...

Hi All, Is there an expression to show an upward directed arrow or a downward directed arrow next to a numerical value, if that numerical value exceeds or is less than a certain number? For example, I have a table consisting of columns, each for a blood investigation (eg: Haemoglobin, White cell count, platelets etc.) If the user enters a value in to the numerical text field of Haemoglobin, if it is less than 12, Iโ€™m trying to get a โ€œdownward directedโ€ arrow shown immediately next to the haemoglobin value, and if the user enters a value over 17, an โ€œupward directedโ€ arrow next to the haemoglobin value. I wrote the following expression to the AppFormula of Haemoglobin (decimal type column), but it didnโ€™t work. =IFS([Haemoglobin]>17,CONCATENATE([Haemoglobin]," โ†ฅ"),[Haemoglobin]<12,CONCATENATE([Haemoglobin]," โ†ง"))

Can someone help me? Thanks!

0 5 377
5 REPLIES 5

Have you considered a format rule (UX > Format Rules) for this?

+Steve Coile @RezaRaoofi Thank you very much!

If the table has a lot of columns (many blood investigations), since each blood investigation has its own lower and upper limit, I guess I have to repeat the process multiple times and create individual format rules many a time isnโ€™t it? Because I selected all the columns in one go and wrote an expression

OR([Haemoglobin]<12,[WBC]<3.5,[Platelets]<150,[Na+]<135,[K+]<3.5,[FBS]<65,[ALT]<5,[AST]<6,[Albumin]<35,[Total Protein]<60,[Total Bilirubin]<0.1,[Direct Bilirubin]<0.01,[ALP]<42,[Gamma-GT]<5,[INR]<0.9,[Amylase]<25,[Lipase]<7,[Triglycerides]<70,[Calcium]<1.0,[CEA]<3.5,[CA 19-9]<40,[AFP]<44)

And it made all the columns to be converted to the format rule even if the value is within normal limits.

Yes, youโ€™ll need a separate format rule for each column that has a distinct trigger condition. Note that there is an option to copy a format rule that should make your task easier.

Top Labels in this Space