Hi all - I've put several actions in an inli...

Hi all -

I’ve put several actions in an inline view and assigned these two a column

specifically dedicated to showing actions. I currently have four actions assigned.

They all show up in the table view, but oddly when I open the row, the detail view only shows three of the icons (cuts off the last). Is there some limit on icons that can show up in-line in a detail view?

Best, Cyril

0 5 386
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

No… basically there is no limit for that. Is it possible to take a screenshot so we can all understand it correctly.

Sure. First is the table view in which you can see the four icons. When you select the row, only 3 appear. I’ve triple checked the settings are the same.

Just checked the code and it does look like we have a limit of 3 actions shown inline with the column (the comment in the code is “limit maximum to 3 so the layout isn’t crazy” :]). I think we’ve had this restriction for a long time but nobody really hit it. Adding @Sarah_Gould_AppSheet to reevaluate whether this limit is sensible

Based on when I'm seeing right now (only 3 inline actions showing where there should be 4), this has not been addressed/changed?

IMHO, removal of this limit should not be a problem (and save those of us who want to use >3 inline actions some research as to why the heck not everything is showing up as it should and then find this ancient thread)

Top Labels in this Space