Hi all! None of my views are finding the colu...

Hi all! None of my views are finding the columns in the tables.

Ideas?

0 16 880
16 REPLIES 16

Would you please give us more information about this problem, thanks.

I want to use Show if [email]=useremail() As soon as I type [email] (or any other column) I get the message โ€œUnable to find column [email]โ€

the way I did it: (I am new to this- just a few days)

row filter on the slice : [Email]=USEREMAIL()

• works UX-slice_view

Show_if= OR(USEREMAIL()<>"office@gmail.com",[Email]=USEREMAIL()) - doesnโ€™t work. Canโ€™t find the column

Solution: user_view Show_if= Useremail<>"office@gmail.com"

but still, why would I get that message if I want to refer to a column?

Now I probably understand. You are trying to use the Show_If for the view, not for the column, correct?

yes!

I got it working as above.

is the problem because in the view details

For this data = Slice

and not

For this data

= table

?

You canโ€™t hide the view because of the columnโ€™s value. This is because the view will be confused when there is both TRUE and FALSE as condition results.

It sounds weird. The only thing I can think is that you donโ€™t have Email column name in your table structure.

@Aleksi_Alkio it is weird but I have tried all the columns. Iโ€™ve tried on other views as well.

Unable to find column [โ€ฆ].

I had a security filter on the table =โ€œadmin@mail.comโ€

I have removed it.

Same message

What is your formula exactly?

@Aleksi_Alkio

OR(USEREMAIL()<>"office@gmail.com",[Email]=USEREMAIL()) Translate

Okayโ€ฆ the format is correct

This means that who ever can see the row except office@mail.com. The 2nd part [Email]=USEREMAIL() is not even needed if thatโ€™s the purpose.

it is because what I need is:

1.main table for admin (me) with full access 2.slice for the users as there are some columns for my eyes only 3. the rows must be filtered because the users will see only the records that theyโ€™re assigned to by [Email]

I donโ€™ need to see the slice view as I have full access to the main table and i do need all the columns

Top Labels in this Space