Hi All Please assist me with 4 desperately ...

Hi All

Please assist me with 4 desperately needed solutions on the google sheet front.

1. How to make images display in sheet? (PLEASE do not post me a link to an article for displaying images, can somebody please teach me how to do this as CONCATENATE article is not really helping me at this moment)

+AppSheet I am aware of the sessions hosted where you can ask questions, but please load a simple video or videos on youtube on โ€œhow toโ€ simple functions for using Appsheets, like displaying images.

1. How to make signature display in the sheet?

2. How to make the coordinates display as a name. e.g lat.00000 displays as South Island in sheet

3. How to make location stamp detect location based on city in on column and country in other column so in the app it will show eg. South Island in Ocean.

Thank you kind community. Your assistance is priceless and so Valueable!

0 22 498
22 REPLIES 22

#1 - If the image name is in cell C2, the correct expression is likeโ€ฆ =IMAGE(SUBSTITUTE(CONCATENATE(โ€œhttps://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=",โ€œAppName-AccountIDโ€,"&tableName=",โ€œTable...โ€,+C2), " ", โ€œ%20โ€),1)

The last number (1) indicates how the image is filled to your cell. You can try values 1, 2 and 3. If you choose 4, you need to add image size like โ€ฆ,4,200,200)

#2 - Use the same method than #1

#3 & #4 - Showing the name itself itโ€™s probably not difficult. The problem is how you can detect what LatLong value belongs to which city or country. You should probably use the script/API on your spreadsheet.

Hi Aleksi Thanx for your reply, but nothing is displaying. Please help

What is your sheet expression?

@Aleksi_Alkio =(IMAGE(SUBSTITUTE(CONCATENATE(โ€œhttps://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=",โ€œPetitionApp-376288โ€,"&tableName=",โ€œPeti...โ€,INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(), 4)),"&resizeImage=true&imageWidth=300"), " ", โ€œ%20โ€),3))

When i try adding the column and row it says error and automatically does indirectโ€ฆ

What happens if you try my expression I wrote above?

@Aleksi_Alkio The sheet tells me to check spreadsheet settings. There is no error but it is also not giving the end result

Is your image forlder as a subfolder in that folder where you have this sheet?

What is your sheet expression?

@Aleksi_Alkio =(IMAGE(SUBSTITUTE(CONCATENATE(โ€œhttps://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=",โ€œPetitionApp-376288โ€,"&tableName=",โ€œPeti...โ€,INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(), 4)),"&resizeImage=true&imageWidth=300"), " ", โ€œ%20โ€),3))

When i try adding the column and row it says error and automatically does indirectโ€ฆ

What happens if you try my expression I wrote above?

@Aleksi_Alkio The sheet tells me to check spreadsheet settings. There is no error but it is also not giving the end result

#1 - If the image name is in cell C2, the correct expression is likeโ€ฆ =IMAGE(SUBSTITUTE(CONCATENATE(โ€œhttps://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=",โ€œAppName-AccountIDโ€,"&tableName=",โ€œTable...โ€,+C2), " ", โ€œ%20โ€),1)

The last number (1) indicates how the image is filled to your cell. You can try values 1, 2 and 3. If you choose 4, you need to add image size like โ€ฆ,4,200,200)

#2 - Use the same method than #1

#3 & #4 - Showing the name itself itโ€™s probably not difficult. The problem is how you can detect what LatLong value belongs to which city or country. You should probably use the script/API on your spreadsheet.

@Aleksi_Alkio Can i share the sheet with you? Please mail vlntn.watkins@gmail.com

That doesnโ€™t help if your image folder and gSheet are not in correct place. I canโ€™t do anything from the sheet itself. You need to check first that they are correctly placed.

@Aleksi_Alkio Please advise what is meant by correctly placed. I have one sheet with 5 columns. Name, email, country, image, signature. Perhaps i am not understanding the folder which you are talking about?

Is your image forlder as a subfolder in that folder where you have this sheet?

Hi Aleksi Thanx for your reply, but nothing is displaying. Please help

The folder I mean folder in Google Drive.

@Aleksi_Alkio Ohkay, than i am very correct. Sheet is not in any folder, created as open file

Move the gSheet under your Appsheet folder like MyDrive > Appsheet > AppName

@Aleksi_Alkio Hi Aleksi, ive moved everything as per instruction. Still not display.

Share the sheet with me so I can check the sheet formula aleksi@1track.com

Top Labels in this Space