Hi All! When creating a chart (ie: pie chart)...

Hi All! When creating a chart (ie: pie chart) using data gathered by the app, any possibility of removing the “blank” portion rather than having to tap it on the chart’s key itself inside the app? If a table is collecting data on, let’s say, pancreatic pathological conditions, and there are about 8 different pathological conditions, and data gathered on each condition is stored in the same table, there will be blanks on a particular column pertaining to one disease when another disease’s data is being populated on the columns pertaining to that disease isn’t it? But let’s say I want to make a chart using the data on one column, and since there will be many blank rows in that column, is it possible for AppSheet to gather only the populated rows of that column leaving behind the blank ones and not show a blank portion in the pie chart on the app’s user interface?

0 7 602
7 REPLIES 7

You would need to create a slice or filtered view for this purpose. Maybe with a LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW.

Thanks @Aleksi_Alkio

I managed to get it to work. Thank you for your help.

@Aleksi_Alkio My “Clinical Details” table has data about family history of cancers of patients in a column called ‘Family History’ (Y/N type column). The same table also has a column called ‘Involved organ’ (Enum type column where there are 3 possible choices - Liver, Pancreas, Biliary Tract). If I want to make a chart about Family history of patients in whom the involved organ is liver (and exclude pancreas and biliary tract involved patients), how can I set about to filter those patients through the “Row Filter Condition”? I tried a few expressions and they didn’t work. Thank you for your input!

If you are talking about the slice and the column type is Enum, you should be able to write it like [Involved organ]=“Liver”.

@Aleksi_Alkio So you mean to say if I write that expression, it will filter the rows for all other columns (there are many other columns in the same table) and show only the rows in which [Involved Organ]=“Liver”?

@Aleksi_Alkio That worked! Awesome! Thank you very much!!

Yes. Think it like this… the formula will test all rows in your table and it will show only rows where the condition is TRUE.

Top Labels in this Space