Hi Appsheet Community. I have a question abou...

Hi Appsheet Community. I have a question about user access. I understand the authentication options (Google, Dropbox etc.) but have an issue with a client and using their domain based email addresses as their log in emails. Will their company emails only work if they are G Suite or the like? I have tried using my work email address on my app and it does not work. Thanks Todd

0 2 448
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Todd_Pavlou, most company emails are managed by some kind of directory service. The most common is Active Directory (which is Microsoftโ€™s and companies that use Office365 use Active Directory). Likewise, many use Google Domains. In both cases, the users can sign in by choosing โ€œOffice365โ€ or โ€œGoogleโ€ respectively.

You can also choose to explicitly connect to an Azure Active Directory instance, a specific Google Domain, or other providers like Okta. This does require a corporate subscription however.

Suggesting a Corporate subscription plan is not financially viable for two start-up companies who are collaborating and need to pass user credentials between apps.

Consider the following:

• Company A maintains their own user account login details for a Dashboard app (non-AppSheet).
  • Company B has an AppSheet based application and wants to grant access to users Authenticated in Company A

Since this is unlikely to be Active Directory, how can two start-ups utilise services like Azure Active Directory instance, or Okta if a corporate subscription is required?

Top Labels in this Space