Hi Appsheet! I am having this problem of cas...

Hi Appsheet!

I am having this problem of cases where 2 or more users may simultaneously edit the same row of data at the same time. Is there a way that the app can call the SYNC functionality before users can edit a row? (So I could filter out if USER1 has edited first and thus other users cannot edit the same row)

I would appreciate any suggestion. Thank you

0 7 415
7 REPLIES 7

@Philark_Cacillo Iโ€™m afraid thatโ€™s not possible. Simultaneous users can edit the same row and the the last userโ€™s changes will prevail when the app is synced.

@Philark_Cacillo This doesnโ€™t help you โ€œtotallyโ€, but you could check when the last sync was made in the device. If itโ€™s less than one minute, you could be able to update the record. Overwriting can still happen of course if two users are using the record exactly at the same time, but it can help if you canโ€™t structure your app in a better way.

No, thatโ€™s not possible; sync is only initiated from device either after 30 minutes from the last sync, or after each row update, or manually from device.

Since AppSheet allows for offline work, therefore it caches data offline and you should not consider it multiuser update on the same row. You may want to read this page too:

https://help.appsheet.com/users/concurrent-usage-with-multiple-users

Add a list of user emails as a column in your FILTER table, then add a security filter to your FILTER Table (USEREMAIL() = [user emails], then every user has their own filter row.

@Jordan_Davis1
This does not solve that problem in any way.

youโ€™re right, i totally misread that . I thought the question was in regard to user filters and having multiple users filtering at the same time.

Top Labels in this Space