Hi appsheet, Is it possible to determine the...

Hi appsheet,

Is it possible to determine the sequence of the Usersettings? Eg : in the usersettings form you get first usersetting 3, than 1,…

Is there also a way to expand the usersettings to more than 10?

Thx, Bram

0 8 287
8 REPLIES 8

You cannot change the order (but you can play with SHOW_IF). The number of parameters in USERSETTINGS is fixed, you can not expand but, you could create a parameter table with one row an define there any number of parameters/columns, even more you can link that table with usersettings and have unlimited number of parameters… Just an idea

And you can use more than one row as well… one row for one user. The difference is quite simple… the Usersettings is device specific and your own setting table is user specific.

Thx @Fernando_Lopez and @Aleksi_Alkio

Very good ideas. My mean reason to use the usersettings was the fact to have one row for each user, so there wouldn’t be any conflict when multiple users are putting different parameters.

@Aleksi_Alkio : how do you define one row for each user? Do you make a column with the appformula =Useremail()?

You can use your USER table to add the parameters columns, assuming the email user is the key or at least is unique

@Diogenes_ASBL_VZW If one column contains user’s email address, you can use security filter so one user have access only into his/her own settings.

Hi @Aleksi_Alkio,

In stead of using usersettings I made myself a parameter table. One of the columns is [Useremail]. Now each time a user fills in the Parameter form it generates a new row. How can I make it happen that each user can only use one row of this table? And doing so that it remembers the settings the user has put for the next time? Thx Bram

With this security filter I already get it done that appsheet uses only the row of the USEREMAIL: [_THISROW].[Useremail]=USEREMAIL()

I tried initial value to get the settings back in my form but thats still not working … When you have an idea …

thx a lot, Bram

Change the Parameter table as UPDATES_ONLY and use a slice as [Useremail]=USEREMAIL(). Then your user will see only his/her own parameter record.

Top Labels in this Space