Hi, At this time if you are editing a parent...

Hi,

At this time if you are editing a parent row with child items you cannot delete a child. Not sure why it behaves like this. When you are adding a parent row with child items you can remove at this stage but once you save the parent and then edit, the Delete option for child items is replaced with Cancel.

I know you can delete child items in parent detail view but the problem is if you have values in parent row calculated by child values, deleting a child wont update the parent value. This can be achieved if you edit the parent(form mode) and then delete the child items.

This feature is really helpful for me and i hope for many others. Is this a hard thing to implement? I kinda need this as soon as possible.

Thank you!

0 7 396
7 REPLIES 7

Another way at this moment as I proposed in another post, if you use a virtual column(s) instead of a normal column. Then it will update those columns as well.

My app will handle a lot of data. Iโ€™m not using VCs because computing them will affect sync time. So VC not an option. Iโ€™ll wait a bit to see if thereโ€™s a simple and fast solution to this.

Okayโ€ฆ letโ€™s wait what Adam is thinking with this one.

has this been taken into consideration? is something that can be done and included into next big update? Sorry, Iโ€™m not trying to be stressful. I just want to know if i have to look for a workaround or just wait. Thank you!

Any news with this issue? I would be really nice to have an option to delete the child records while editing the parent row. Thanks

It is possible by using Appsheet API, but it requires business plan to use API features.

Top Labels in this Space