Hi, brand new to appsheet so please bear with...

Hi, brand new to appsheet so please bear with me…

I need to add some text to my app in between two columns.

As an example, some instructional text.

So, lets say I have an option for a user to take an image and upload via the app.

I want to be able to have instructional text above this for example, “please ensure all images taken are in good light”.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

0 16 310
16 REPLIES 16

The easiest way is to use Column’s description for that purpose. It will show you that info text only when you are using the form. You can find it from the Column’s definition.

Hi, thank you for the reply. How do I find the column definition?

just put in =""

then after it saves you can go back in and update the type to text or show.

if you select show and make it a page header it displays in bigger font.

you can play with all those settings.

@Tammi_Canelli Ok, i have manged to get the text “show” added and accepted as a formula, the only issue it is not showing on the app?

did you add it to your view in the UX?

I already have a form made up of a number of columns, this works fine. I have now added the additional VC to show text, but it does not show?

What would I need to add in the UX?

@Nick_Parsons1 i was trying to screen shot one of mine but the VC window doesn’t open big enough.

I have my VC column set to Show Category Section Header app formula ="" Then the text i want displayed typed in the description field.

My forms are all based on slices I’ve created, so I made sure the VC field was in the slice then created

a form in the UX.

Maybe try creating a form other than the one the system generates to see if its there?

@Tammi_Canelli Hi, well…no I havent used a slicer yet, no idea what they are, I will have a read up. Sounds interesting as all yours are based on them.

I will have to see what they do.

I have looked in the column (edit) area but do not see anywhere for definition?

Hopefully looking in the correct place.

Once I have found it and added text, will it show on the form without users being able to edit it, just a note to read,

Data > Columns > Open the column’s definition (edit the column) > Description. Yes it will work as a read only.

@Aleksi_Alkio Hi, thank you, i found it but now, the text shows as you say but i no longer see the audit question?

Add that question into that description like… QUESTION - Plaa plaa…

@Aleksi_Alkio Hi, yes thats one way to do it…thanks.

Is there no way to do it without it being part of a question as clicking on it opens up ready for an answer.

I would like to add text without it needing an answer in some cases.

Thanks again for all your help.

What about adding a virtual column to display as either text or show?

I’ve done this for a lot of my forms and it seems to work well.

@Tammi_Canelli hi, I haven’t seen that but will try it.

I have seen virtual column but wasn’t sure what it was for! I will try it now.

@Tammi_Canelli It says it needs an app formula?

Top Labels in this Space