Hi: Can I limit entries from a mobile device...

Hi:

Can I limit entries from a mobile device?

Example having the user only enter one entry per hour.

0 6 487
6 REPLIES 6

tony1

@George_Joseph You could add a valid_if to one of your columns that checks to see if there is a row by the same user that is less than an hour old:

COUNT(SELECT(YourTable[KeyColumn], AND( [Email Column] = USEREMAIL(), [Timestamp Column] >= NOW() - โ€œ001:00:00โ€ ))) = 0

@tony thanks, iโ€™m on the way to figure out how to prevent duplicated entry within the same hour. May you help me please if my Valid_if condition is based on the Name choice rather than the USERMAIL() field, I try with [_THIS] = [Name], according the current field in use have to exclude twice an entry for the same person in the same hour (people are so stressed during that COVID era that I need to find a tip avoiding them duplicating many times a response) .

tony1

Hi Tony:

Itโ€™s going to be a public app that allows users to sign in based on how close they are to an office location.

What Iโ€™m trying to achieve is not having the same person sign in twice in any given timeframe.

In other words I want John to sign in, but prevent him from signing in James.

tony1

@George_Joseph Generally we advise against trying to build your own authentication mechanism. It will be inherently insecure. See this article and @praveenโ€™s comment on this thread.

help.appsheet.com - Require Sign-In: The Essentials https://plus.google.com/102595816291334213292/posts/AaxakNduScH

Require Sign-In: The Essentials help.appsheet.com

Thank Tony,

After reading I agree and Iโ€™ll follow this workflow.

Thanks again.

Top Labels in this Space