Hi, can you help me with what is most likely ...

Hi, can you help me with what is most likely a very common and simple question?

How can I use a custom form for entry of a new row when tapping the Plus/New button?

I have a an app that controls the process of Work Order updates from New, through technician work to complete.

There are nearly 50 cols of info.

When adding a NEW Work Order, I want to limit the form to show only the columns required for adding a Work Order which about 10 cols.

I created a form that references a data slice limiting the cols.

This is added as a separate view in the app and it works fine.

However, I would rather this form be shown when tapping the Plus button in the Work Orders list and then remove the separate view altogether - cleaner interface.

By the way, I do know about creation of a Ref view to override the default New form.

But I donโ€™t see a way to control which fields are shown.

Is there a way to use my custom built form when tapping Plus button or some alternative way to reduce the fields shown on the form?

Thanks!

John

0 6 360
6 REPLIES 6

You can create your form based on a slice that allows adding new rows, and only has that short list of 10 columns.

Yes, as I stated, I did that.

Now I want that form launched when I click the Work Order Plus button.

How do I do that?

@John_Baer1 Oh, you are right; sorry I did not expand the rest of your post and only read the first paragraph!

I have not tried it myself, but I think this method should work:

You could make the default System Add action invisible, and create a custom Add action that will go to different view in the same app, then use LINKTOFORM(โ€ฆ) to refer to your slice based form view.

There is also a simpler and older method to restrict the columns shown in form view anytime you add or edit using form view.

If that is what you want, you can just enter a false value in Show_if for the columns you want to hide, and then go to UX > Options and turn off this option:

Apply show-if constraints universally

@RezaRaoofi I thought of Show If but I think that is overly tedious when there are 50 columns.

Iโ€™ll look into the custom Add action.

@RezaRaoofi So I tried creating a custom Add action but it wonโ€™t work the way I want.

Custom actions are attached to the target data rows, even if they are not row based actions.

Iโ€™ll just stick with my separate view for now.

Thanks for your help anyway!

Top Labels in this Space