Hi Community, I seem to have a disconnect be...

Hi Community,

I seem to have a disconnect between my app sheet table and the google sheet

Iv verified all the details, and every this seems to be configured corectly

Any change I make in APP SHEETS does not reflect back to the google sheet!

In fact the changes are accepted and synced, but then revert back to original value while nothing happens on the original sheet.

What can be the issue???

0 24 618
24 REPLIES 24

@VICTOR_VERA

Please check the following:

Make certain you are not using filters on your Google Sheets โ€“ it can make the filtered rows invisible to updates. Instead, use filter views (this is a Google Sheets feature that lets each user create and use their own filters without affecting other users of the sheet).

Make certain that your spreadsheet is not marked as โ€œPublicโ€. The Google spreadsheets API doesnโ€™t enable updates against public spreadsheets.

Victor are you getting an error message?

Victor, are your steps:

Make a change, then SAVE, then Sync?

Because if you Make a change and then Sync (without first saving) you will just get the values from your google sheet which is no change.

Harry2

@VICTOR_VERA Hi Victor, alternating row highlight in Google sheet has been known to cause sync problems. Could you remove all formatting in the sheet and try again?

@Harry @VICTOR_VERA

Victor, see what Dinh said.

Also, in the fields you are trying to update in the Google sheet do you have any google formulas?

@Harry

also,

the structures are all good

@VICTOR_VERA sometimes if you share a sheet with someone it can exist in two locationsโ€ฆ Right cock the sheet look at the properties and make sure itโ€™s only listed in one location, and never share your backend.

@Grant_Stead

it only shows as being in MY DRIVE

@Harry i got rid of thr formating and the issue is still there

Harry2

@VICTOR_VERA Hi Victor, could you give me the names of the relevant app and table so I can take a look?

@Harry

CALEB is the app the table is RRSOW_TRACKING

Harry2

@VICTOR_VERA Hi Victor, I believe @Philip_Garrett_Appsh is currently looking into this. Please try out his suggestions to see if if they would fix your problem.

I make a change then sync

@Harry yes I tried both his suggestions but the issue is still present.

Harry2

@VICTOR_VERA Hi Victor, could you give us more details about the changes that you made? Were you adding/editing/deleting rows? What rows were you changing? What was the data in the row? When did this change occur?

@Harry

1)Any change in any column is reverted back. 2) I am only editing 3) It happens on any and all rows I try to edit. 4) the Row has many values, phone, gps, address,emails, dates,images 5) Iv noticed this behavior a while ago but I did not mind because I wass just using the table as reference, but now I need to be able to edit details on the table

Harry2

@VICTOR_VERA Hi Victor, was table โ€œRRSOW_TRACKINGโ€ originally copied from Smartsheet to Google? If so, we believe the problem is caused by a column called โ€œRow IDโ€ in this table. In Smartsheet, each table has a column called โ€œRow IDโ€, which is used internally by Smartsheet to locate rows. When a table is copied to Google Drive, this column is also copied. However, we have found a bug related to this column that can lead to data not being written to Google sheets.

We are currently working on a fix for the bug. In the meantime, a quick fix that you can try out is to delete the Row ID column. First, youโ€™ll need to delete this column from your Google sheet. Next, youโ€™ll have to regenerate the tableโ€™s schema and then test your app again. Could you give this a try?

OK.

Then Victor, you must first do a Save, and then do a Sync.

Please try that and let me know if you are getting the data changes in your google sheet now.

thanks MJ

I also did the save and still same issue

Victor, do you have full edit permission rights to the Google Sheet?

Victor, when you make a change, save and sync โ€ฆ then open the table again in Appsheet, do you see the change that you made to that record in Appsheet?

Harry2

@VICTOR_VERA Hi Victor, can you verify that the tables in the app and the tables in the spreadsheet all have the same column structure? Missing columns in either the spreadsheet or the app can cause data loss during syncing. Also, is there any special formatting in the spreadsheet (for example, alternating row highlight)?

@Mary_Jane_Pender

yes I have full edit permisions enabled

@Harry

This is the table it does not have conditional formatting just the alternating lines

Top Labels in this Space