Hi everyone, I am having a problem with a Sl...

Tim_Watts
Participant III

Hi everyone,

I am having a problem with a Slice that I hope you can help me with.

I have a task page that i want filtered by a staff members “group” eg accounts, manager, finance etc.

On the task page each task is assigned to a group. I then need to slice to filter out tasks that are not assigned to a persons group.

The formula I have at this point is

and(

isnotblank([Group assigned to]),

CONTAINS(LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), staff, email, group),[Group assigned to],)))

So first the slice should make sure the field [Group assigned to] isnt blank. I then need it to search the “Staff” table and field [group] and compare it to the [Group assigned to] field. I used contain as the [group] field is an enum list and people can be apart of several groups. the [group assigned to] is enum.

Now It is not showing any errors but in testing if I change the [group assigned to] to something else the data no longer shows but it should as what i am changing it to the staff member is apart of that group.

Any ideas on where I am going wrong?

0 5 336
5 REPLIES 5

Change the CONTAINS to IN and it should work. Your format is wrong if you want to use CONTAINS. The correct format in this case would be

CONTAINS(EnumList,LOOKUP)

Tim_Watts
Participant III

Hi Aleksi, I have change it over to IN but I am still getting the same result?

When you use the IN expression, you would not need the ISNOTBLANK if your group field is mandatory. Your formula seems to be correct so… check that your group name is written exactly in the same way. Uppercase matters.

Tim_Watts
Participant III

Still not working properly. I need to isnotblank as i have another slice for tasks with the group. Checked the uppercase and still no go?

If you like, I can open the app and check what could be the reason if you give the account ID, app, table and column name.

Top Labels in this Space