Hi everyone, I am looking to create a task-b...

Tim_Watts
Participant III

Hi everyone,

I am looking to create a task-based app but I need it to do bulk tasks.

It will potentially have 200+ plus users with 5-10 user groups.

If there is a task that needs to go out to each individual user in a particular group we could end up needing to create 100 odd individual tasks.

Does anyone know of a way where I can select a drop-down ref field that links to each user in that group? But it also needs to create an individual task for each user so they can mark it as complete once it is finished. Basically it needs to create a new line of data for each staff memebr but the original only entered once.

0 3 430
3 REPLIES 3

I believe you could do it in this wayโ€ฆ

#1 - Create a staff table with the user group name, user name and email #2 - When you add a task, assign that one for the user group #3 - Add a related table called โ€œStatusโ€ #4 - With the email address you can show only those tasks/groups where the user belongs (with the slice or security filter) #5 - When the task is done for that one staff member, he/she adds one related status record for that one certain task

Tim_Watts
Participant III

If itโ€™s done that way is there a way that once a user has completed the task and done the status update that the original task will no longer show up for them?

Yes itโ€™s possible. #4 needs a slice and you can make a combination like โ€œshow all tasks that belong to my group AND I havenโ€™t done yetโ€.

Top Labels in this Space