Hi everyone I am struggling with expressions...

Hi everyone

I am struggling with expressions. I have the two following columns :

B

A

B

A

A

B

B

A

B

A

C

C

In a new form, when I first select B, I want the “INITIAL VALUE” of column n°2 to be 14500 (the last value linked to B). Is it possible with a combination of MAXROW / SELECT ? Or maybe a TAB with a FILTER but can’t put the tab name as a variable in expressions ?

Thanks for any advice

0 4 410
4 REPLIES 4

Yes, you should be able to use MAXROW(…); however in order to find the last linked value to B you need a criteria like a Date/Time column or an increasing number or something to use in MAXROW() function and find the last row along with a

[Column]=“B” condition.

@RezaRaoofi, Is _Rownumber column valid for doing this?

@Fernando_Lopez Yes, of course, but since we do not know all the details about the column structure I will leave that to @XJH_GOV’s discretion.

Hi all Many thanks for your advice. @Fernando_Lopez, you’re right, the only parameter I can use is the rownumber as DATE exists but not increasing nor any other param. Anyway I didn’t go this way because Im not used to interwined expressions in appsheet (I’m familiar with code in general and it’s not intuitive at all) So I did it with adding a new tab with the last information I needed using spreadsheet formulas. ++

Top Labels in this Space