Hi Everyone - I have a grouped table ("Activi...

Hi Everyone - I have a grouped table (“Activities”) in a dashboard view.

“Activities” have a child relationship with a parent “Process”.

The Activities table is grouped by “ProcessID” and the label of the “Processes” table is “Process”.

When the dashboard view is selected, it shows all the Process names (not ProcessIDs), and when I select a Process, it shows all the related Activities.

Unfortunately, when it shows all the related Activities, the ProcessID of the parent Process is shown as the ‘header’ of the group of Activities, which looks really weird and unintelligible.

Is there a way to either have it show the Process as the header, or not have a header at all (this latter seems to be what happens in a table outside of a dashboard)?

Thx

0 5 325
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

You could either hide ProcessID column in Activities table’s column structure, or modify the Detail View for Activities table and remove [ProcessID] as Header Columns if it is selected, or just have manually selected list of columns in Column Order section of that Detail View: https://intercom.help/appsheet/ux/views/controlling-column-order

Hi Reza - Thx for your response.

I actually do want the Activities table to be grouped by ProcessID (but showing the process text label), so the user can drill down from Processes to Activities.

It’s just that the Process label changes to the underlying ProcessID, once the grouping has been selected.

I personally can’t think of any reason why this would be a desirable behaviour, and so I assume it is a bug, especially as this doesn’t happen when the table is viewed, on its own, outside the interactive dashboard.

I tried making ProcessID hidden in the Activities table, but that didn’t work.

For table column order, I only have the Activities column selected.

Btw, there is no Detail view.

The Activities table filters rows in a child table’s Deck view in the interactive dashboard.

Can you send some screenshots? When there are dashboard and

different views it is hard to communicate just by writing and referring to this and that column.

If this is a bug, for now you could group by a Virtual Column that converts ProcessID to Process Name by De-referencing like: [ProcessID].[Process Name]

and still screenshots would be useful, and perhaps App name and Account ID, so I could pass it on.

Harry2

Adding @Adam_Stone_AppSheet to investigate.

Top Labels in this Space