Hi Everyone, I have been trying to achieve a...

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to achieve a functionality using Valid_If, Show_if column constraint but I am failing to achieve it. I will try and explain using an example below which is a snippet of my original form.

I have a form with 2 fields.

Field 1 - Date Field 2 - Text

I have a validation for date field where it cannot be past dated. It has to be today or future. when the value in date field is entered and is validated then I show Field 2 where user can enter some text.

but user still has an option to change value in Field 1. The functionality that I want to achieve is that if the user changes the date field and if it is not validated then the value in field 2 should be initialized or cleared.

When the user enters the correct validated date, then user should enter the text again.

So basically, I need to reinitialize the field if another field (which is a constraint for this field to show) doesnโ€™t have validated values or it has been changed.

Can anyone please help?

0 3 339
3 REPLIES 3

I donโ€™t think this flow behavior is currently supported. Adding @Adam_Stone_AppSheet to verify

@praveen @Adam_Stone_AppSheet the idea is to influence a value in a field (which is a user input field) to clear or reset or reinitialize based on some rules or expressions.

As @praveen mentioned itโ€™s not possible at this moment. You should be able to add an extra validation rule that you canโ€™t save the record tough.

Top Labels in this Space