Hi everyone! I just started using AppSheet l...

Hi everyone!

I just started using AppSheet last week. I was pretty excited to create a contact list for our teachers, and am now trying to create a Studio Hour Tracker.

We track how many hours our instructors use the studio rooms for lessons on a monthly basis.

I originally started with a sample โ€œTimesheetsโ€ app, and also tried to create my own.

I have partial luck.

My question, is there a code that I need, in order to create the app, so that the teachers can only see their own sheet, and not everyone elseโ€™s?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help! Jacquie

0 1 339
1 REPLY 1

@Jacqueline_Latour

The recommended approach is to keep everyoneโ€™s data in a single worksheet rather than creating a worksheet per user.

You then define a Security Filter to implement per user data in the single worksheet.

Do this by including an additional column in the worksheet that contains the email address of the user who โ€œownsโ€ the row. You might call this new column โ€œOwnerโ€.

Then define a โ€œSecurity Filterโ€ for that table that only shows the current user the rows owned by that user. The security filter compares the current userโ€™s email address to the email address stored in the โ€œOwnerโ€ column. It only displays a row to the current user if that userโ€™s Email address value matches the value in the โ€œOwnerโ€ column.

This approach requires that your users sign in to the app. When the user signs in to the application, we โ€œknowโ€ their email address.

The โ€œSecurity filterโ€ is simply comparing the userโ€™s email address (acquired during sign in) with the value stored in the โ€œOwnerโ€ column. That is the essence of Security Filters.

Search for โ€œSecurity Filterโ€ in the documentation for the details.

Top Labels in this Space