Hi everyone! I need some help. My problem is...

Hi everyone!

I need some help. My problem is :

I’d like to know how to call sync button programatically if its possible

OR

There are a way for update view ( screen ) with new data as soon as the new data are been written in spreadsheet ?

Best Regards

Abel

0 5 301
5 REPLIES 5

Need this too

Harry2

@Abel_Souza_Magalhaes Hi Abel, regarding the first question, could you elaborate on what you mean by “calling sync button programmatically”? Are you trying to force-sync the app based on some user’s action or input?

Regarding the second problem, technically speaking, in order to detect new changes in the sheet as soon as the changes are made, the app, or rather the device the runs the app, would have to regularly send requests to the sheet in order to monitor changes. On mobile devices, this type of regular requests would quickly drain the device’s battery, which is why we don’t do this in AppSheet.

Right now, the only option available is to turn on the Automatic Updates settings in the app. This will cause the app to query the sheet’s data at regular intervals instead of continuously.

Unfortunately I need to say NO to both questions if you are filling the spreadsheet directly (without an app).

You should enable Automatic background sync. The apps will receive the updates, but with a delay of upto 30 minutes. We’re working on something that will significantly shrink the delays.

That will be great. thanks

Top Labels in this Space